Tuesday 18 January 2011

Head Shot!!




One more post before bed.
I think my favourite thing to do is to draw heads. When I sit down to work, the first thing I do is draw a head of some sort. Though they rarely progress any further... South I guess... I find it interesting to experiment with head shape and build, especially overweight faces and old faces recently. They're just so much more interesting to draw! I think I'm getting the hang of facial structure too which goes a long way to making them believable, and strongly informs the use of expression. The next step is to play more with dynamics and angle variation, but this will come in due time...

These are a few recent sketches.
The first 4 are all drawings of friends.
The remaining 7 are concept sketches and character experiments for an upcoming comic project.



No comments:

Post a Comment